16-19 Tuition Fund
For the period 2021 to 2022 the school will receive £13 215 from this fund.
The funding is to support small group tuition for students aged 16 to 19 in English, maths and other subjects that have been disrupted by the COVID 19 pandemic including vocational and/or academic learning.
· The intention is to use the funding to provide additional support for those students in year 12 and 13 who have not achieved a grade 4 or 5 in English and/or maths
· have a grade 4 or above in English and/or maths, are from an economically disadvantaged background and would need catch-up support.
At Teignmouth Community School we plan to do the following:
- Additional English and Maths staffing to provide small group teaching for students who achieved level 3 or below in GCSE.
- Maths and English targeted intervention to support students to fill gaps in their knowledge, practice their skills and reinforce their curriculum.
- Small group tutoring for students with SEND.
- Academic skill development – focused on the development and refreshing of study skills so that students can more effectively engage with the curriculum content.
- Subject specific workshops to fill gaps in learning from KS4 transition.
- Existing school systems will be used to track the usage of the fund and the impact of the support on students. We will closely monitor this ‘tuition fund’ cohort to determine the effectiveness of the support and modify support as required